About Centro Espiral Mana
- Our philosophies of Learning
Courses for Teachers and Teacher Educators
- Courses for Teacher Educators
- For everyone: Relationship-based Classroom Management
- Community English program
- Alumni portfolios, blogs and websites
- Fun things to do in our area
- Hotels we recommend in Costa Rica
- Learn Spanish and/or Teach English near the beach!
Formative Assessment for Seeing and Promoting Language Learning
November 9 - 22, 2014
November 1-14, 2015
$1600 (includes tuition, room and board)
Teachers selected for this course will study both the principles of competency based education (CBE) and also principles and practices of formative assessment in CBE
By the end of the ten-day program, trainees will be able to...
- Describe and analyze key theory in competency-based education.
- Describe and analyze principles and practices in formative assessment.
- Analyze their own ability to implement formative assessment in their classrooms.
- Develop formative assessment tools that they can use in their own classrooms.
- Develop workshops that they can implement in their home countries to teach their peers about formative assessment in competency-based education.